Job Title: Software Architect
Req ID: 13862BR
Regular Full Time
USA – MA – Bedford
Energid Technologies develops advanced software and robotic systems for the aerospace, agriculture, manufacturing, transportation, defense, and medical industries. Energid’s Actin® software is a powerful control framework and operating system for commercial, industrial, and mission-critical robots that is sold as a cross-platform application and extensible software toolkit. Energid specializes in the control, simulation, and sensing of complex robotic systems.
Energid Technologies has a full-time opening for a Software Architect. The successful candidate must be an advanced C++ developer with strong knowledge about designing and developing clean, organized scalable and efficient software. Must be familiar with real-time programming techniques.
- Design clean, organized and scalable software
- Effectively communicate designs to team
- Implement clean, organized scalable and efficient software
- Analyze, refactor, and improve legacy software
- Generate documentation
- Love of robotics
Relocation to the Boston area is preferred.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
A highly qualified candidate must have the following:
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of C++
- At least five years of experience developing production-grade C++
- Strong knowledge of C++ standards
- Strong knowledge of software design and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented principles and application
- Experience working on large-scale commercial software
- Experience developing template code
- Experience working with Boost
- Experience with multithreaded application development.
- Experience with template metaprogramming features
- Experience with development for real-time systems
- Experience with real-time data exchange and synchronization
- Experience with existing middleware (ROS, DDS, LCM, MRDS, ZCM, etc)
- Experience with EtherCAT is a bonus